Transition Engineer (Windows 10, O365) - Paris - Contract - Urgent
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by World Wide Technology
World Wide Technology EMEA has an opportunity available for a Transitions Engineer (Windows 10/Office 365 Engineer), supporting IT Infrastructure Transformation Projects, to support our client, a multi-national company within the Insurance industry.
Job Title: Transitions Engineer (Windows 10/Office 365 Engineer)
Location: Paris, extensive travel across Europe
Duration: 6 months
- Responsible for troubleshooting migration issues to determine root cause and improving the migration process
- Working with existing staff across IT within Security, Architecture, Engineering and Operations to ensure issues are quickly isolated and resolved
- Supporting the development of best practice migration processes to minimize the disruption to End Users
- Ensuring appropriate knowledge handover to ensure existing teams within Engineering and Operations
- Representing designs and subsequent change activities to associated teams and governance processes
- Ensuring Designs and related changes meet all security, risk and compliance requirements
- Extensive Engineering (as opposed to pure operations/support) experience related to Platform migrations including Active Directory, Windows 10 and Office 365
- Demonstrable experience in complex root cause analysis
- Must have relevant experience in a Global organisation
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work proactively across End Users, senior management and technical stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of related technologies: Windows 10, SCCM, Active Directory, Office 365 (including exchange mailbox migrations), Powershell, Application Packaging, Migration tools, End User hardware - Intune
- Good understanding, to the extent required to support root cause analysis and issue triage, of related infrastructure technologies ie Networking, Security etc.
- Understanding of Security, Compliance and Risk considerations as they relate to solution design, implementation and operation within global organizations
All candidates will need to go through a thorough background check.
Must be and EU Citizen and eligible to live and work in the UK. Extensive European travel is required. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
World Wide Technology is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.