Offshore Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Ocean Infinity
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an innovative, growing, fast paced seabed survey company that has broken many boundaries within the industry.
Ocean Infinity are looking for an Offshore Infrastructure Engineer to work closely with their Head of IT and it's offshore team of highly skilled individuals.
The successful applicant will work offshore on the world-famous Seabed Constructor providing IT support to the operations team.
The applicant's main duties of work will be
- Setup, upkeep and management of infrastructure located onboard the Seabed Constructor
- Support the onshore Data Services team (create VMs/roll out applications on the vessel)
- Provide user desktop support issues onboard (50 users max)
- Assist other Offshore Engineers with issues when needed (e-mail, whatsapp, satellite calls)
- Manage your own workload and report back to the Head of IT with Daily reports (bullet point key issues)
- Be the first point of contact for all IT relates issues/questions onboard
Technically the applicant should possess some of the following skill sets
- SAN setup and support (setup of iscsi, snapshots, replication and restoration of LUNs).
- Networking setup and support (setup of virtual Routers, VLANs, redundancy, access lists and cabling).
- Firewall setup and support (setup of TCP/IP, rules, application restriction and monitoring)
- VMware setup and support (setup of hosts, storage setup and support, DRS rules and backup solutions)
- Windows Server 2016 setup and support (file shares, Active Directory, iscsi volumes, ntfs permissions etc)
- Backup solutions and large data management (Veritas, veeam, NAS, synchronisation tools)
- SQL server setup and support (database backup, restores and creation of databases - no coding)
- Data centre experience (patch panels, cable crimping, tone tracers and UPS)
- End user support (Windows 10, Office, Office 365 management, remote working and imaging)
This role requires the applicant to have an outgoing friendly character, this is essential as the applicant will be working offshore for 6 weeks at a time with a crew size ranging of around 50 people, you will spend half of the year offshore and have half of the year off.
All applicants must have a valid passport, be prepared to take a medical with vaccinations and undertake water-based survival training.
All expenses paid (travel, medical, survival training).
Ideally the candidate will be able to start as soon as possible, however, we will wait for the right person. Our interview processes will consist of a technical test over the phone with the Head of IT, followed up by a call with our Technical director and then a face to face at our London office with the Head of IT and CEO.
The applicant will be paid 55,000 - 70,000 GBP, which would likely be tax free due to Seaman's allowance (however, Ocean Infinity will not be responsible for your tax affairs, neither will Ocean Infinity give financial advice).
Please note, at this moment in time we have no interest in using any recruiter services.