Chemical Dependency Counselor
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by New Visions Unlimited, Inc.
New Visions Unlimited, Inc. is seeking a full time Chemical Dependency Counselor for their Women's Morning IOP Program. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of emotional trauma and addiction.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Provide group and individual counseling.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Assessments (off-site/in-office)
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Collect drug screens from clients
- Treatment planning
- Documenting case management and/or individuals on a regular basis.
- Assist clients in formulating a treatment plan at intake and make revisions as necessary.
- Participate in weekly staffing and meetings as assigned.
- Update treatment plans regularly.
- Maintain good working relationships with local linkage and referral agencies.
- Maintain proficient understanding of Motivational Interviewing techniques.
Minimum educational level is an Associates's degree with at least 3 years experience as an addictions counselor, and LSW, LCDC II/III, LPC or higher. Candidate must have or be eligible for an Ohio Medicaid provider ID.
120 hours of PTO per year, 8 paid holidays, Medical Coverage, 401K
New Visions Unlimited, Inc. requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening and drug screen after an employment offer is made.
Committed to creating a more diverse community, we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/AA M/F/H/VIND10
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.