Manager of Merchandising Technology
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Responsive Search, Inc.
The Manager of Merchandising Technology will help shape both new products and service offerings, and transform existing traditional business streams into very scalable, digital interfaces that will enable us to grow our market share quickly and efficiently. The Manager of Merchandising Technology will assist in building out exciting new workflow and in-store technology solutions and help the accounts team present them to our substantial client base. Working with the technical and development teams, you'll be responsible for delivering exciting propositions, projects and platforms, from POC (proof of concept) through to national and global rollouts.
While this is a role that requires excellent project management skills, it also has the benefit of being hands-on'. You'll have the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the innovations we develop and also discover new and exciting technologies we can help bring to market. As part of developing solutions, you'll assist the accounts team in client communications throughout, including visiting and working with clients directly to accurately scope and deliver projects. You'll be a confident communicator who can both plan an approach and think on your feet.
This is a unique opportunity to help deliver digital excellence and innovation into a marketplace for a nationally recognized organization.
- Project manage technology projects from quote through POC to rollout.
- Deliver regular and accurate project status communication to all key stakeholders through our projects portal.
- Develop a solid high level understanding of technical architecture in digital engagement and an understanding of how components can be combined to deliver more than a sum of parts.
- Assist in producing solutions by working with the creative team to develop core collateral that can be re-used across our presentation ecosystem.
- Develop and deliver innovative client facing presentations and demonstrations, and assist the accounts team in understanding them.
- Identify and validate third party vendors that we can integrate into our digital workflow and technology stack.
- Create estimates and manage against overall project designs and budgets
- Adhere to policies and procedures for compliance to ensure company-wide consistent standards
- Develop reusable, efficient processes and systems to enable the organization to scale its digital solutions globally and at enterprise scale.
- Maintain project quality through oversight and governance of presentations, client facing assets and project deliverables
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the following minimum skill sets:
- Project Management and Timeline/Workflow tools (MS Project, Smartsheet or equivalent)
- Management of (diverse skilled) project teams
- Collaborative tools (Sharepoint, Slack, Workfront or equivalent)
- Understanding the difference between data formats (XML, JSON, CSV)
- High level understanding of Database Systems.
- Overview of Cloud vs traditional application architecture (though not required to know how to develop or manage those platforms).
- Solid experience in developing presentations in PowerPoint and equivalents.
Other desirable but not required knowledge includes:
- Development methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
- BI and reporting tools (Tableau, MS BI)
- Previous ERP integration (JDE Edwards, Oracle, SAP, Sales Force, Dynamics)
- Experience with Digital Signage software and hardware.