Contract Technical Author
Posted on Aug 19, 2019 by CV-Library
The focus is on user-facing documentation for games developers; mainly written tutorials and reference documentation with some API documentation, but you might also work on command-line help, copy and help in our web UIs, blog posts, technical diagrams and more.
Tasks are to create, update, review, reorganise, and remove documentation, in collaboration with software engineers, QA engineers, product managers, product marketing and other technical writers.
Skills and experience
* Professional experience of writing user-facing documentation.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
* Ability to learn about complex technical topics and explain them clearly.
* Ability to empathise with your target audience, and advocate for them.
* Experience reviewing other people’s writing and giving constructive feedback.
* Comfortable working in an agile software development environment.
* Experience in creating step-by-step tutorial-style learning materials.
* Experience of software version control systems (such as Git).
* Knowledge of Markdown.
Nice to have
* Coding experience or ability to write code snippets.
* Background in working with software for developers.
Tools the Company use
Google Docs, Google Draw, Git
A proprietary documentation publishing system using Markdown
Style guides (MMOS and internal guides)
Please call David for a full discussion on this role