Senior Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Senior Design Engineer
Murphy has been awarded one of three multi-billion-pound contracts by Network Rail for the South of England, worth up to £7bn for Control Period 6 (Apply online only)).
The framework to deliver renewals and enhancements in Anglia, South East and Wessex has been awarded to Murphy (Anglia), BAM Nuttall Limited (South East) and Geoffrey Osborne Limited (Wessex) who will act as strategic delivery partners throughout CP6.
The multi-discipline framework will deliver projects of varying value, including stations, buildings and civils, electrifications, power, signalling, telecommunications and track. This is initially in place for a five-year period but has the option of three one-year extensions if required.
As part of our ongoing development we now require the services of an experienced Senior Design Engineer with Rail experience:
* To provide, or to lead a team providing safe, practical and economic designs for internal clients to a high standard of professional competence and in compliance with Company procedures
* Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings, Manage the interface with external or in house design teams on behalf of the Design Manager
* Liaise with other departments and project teams within the company with respect to design requirements
* Undertake site visits when appropriate
* Undertake the responsibilities of project design engineer if appointed
* Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained
* Ensure that chargeable work is identified and evaluated including the preparation of adequate records of time spent
* Ensure that feedback on design work is collated and saved in accordance with procedure
* Coach individual staff members
* Senior Design Engineer in a similar organisation
* Significant rail experience
* Significant civil and structural design experience (Permanent or Temporary Works)
* Professionally Qualified (Min. IEng)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £44k Annual
£38 - £42 Hourly
£37k - £42k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£35k - £42k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£35k - £46k Annual