Accounts Receivable Specialist
Posted on Aug 19, 2019 by ServPro
Do you love working with numbers? Do you want to be the driving force behind increasing the profits of a growing company?
Then, dont miss your chance to join our Franchise as a new Accounts Receivable Specialist. In this position, you will be making a difference each and every day. We have a sincere drive toward the goal of helping make fire and water damage Like it never even happened!
Our franchise is seeking someone who is great on the phone, has excellent accounting skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then youll thrive in this work environment. Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, is experienced, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership. Are you highly dependable and excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then, you may be our perfect hero!
As a valued SERVPRO Franchise employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Prepares, reviews and mails/emails monthly customer statements.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Verifies the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering corrections to customer accounts.
- Resolves customer accounts by examining payment plans and payment history to determine if collection letters need to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals, and preparing reports.
- Assists other finance areas such as accounts payable.
- Researches and negotiates charge-back claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalence Certificate.
- College level accounting coursework or a Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3+ year(s) of experience with QuickBooks Pro (most recent versions)
- 2+ years of experience with collection activities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proper pronunciation and grammar, and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times
- Polite, confident, and excellent customer service skills, including listening and questioning skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Very self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn new software, including Xactimate and proprietary software