Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Aug 19, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are working diligently to make our migration to the cloud! Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and hands-on Senior DevOps Engineers who can envision next generation software innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched customer experience. In this role, you will design and develop cutting-edge experiences for Capital One customers, using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will be responsible for documenting design decisions and developing DevOps solutions while adhering to existing process guidelines. You will also act as mentor to junior developers, support QA automation, and will have oversight during implementation into production. You will share your skills and knowledge of cloud technologies to help make the journey into the growing cloud footprint at Capital One.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of all in-house developed, open source, and commercial DevOps tooling owned by the team (Ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and monitoring through proper response to incidents, events and problems).
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Groovy, Git, Docker, Terraform, Chef or Ansible.
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks in Java on cloud infrastructures (JBOSS, Tomcat, Java, J2EE).
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline, participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Employ innovative and secure solutions to ease developer and testing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Build and CI/CD/CT technologies
- At least 4 years of experience in Linux Shell Scripting
- 4+ years of experience with Groovy, Python or Ruby
- 3+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey
- 2+ years experience with Kafka, Spark, or Grafana
- Certified in Java, or Spring, or AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.