Posted on Aug 19, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager on a permanent basis to join a tier 1, established building & civil engineering contractor whom specialise in Water Treatment sites, infrastructure, new developments, utilities and highways. Due to increased work load and recent successful tenders they are looking to expand the management team. They are seeking a No 1 Site Manager to develop the relationships in a new area and take ownership of the region and report back to the Project Manager.
Their focuses are mainly for the Southern Water contracts for the transition from AMP 6 to AMP 7 based in the Hampshire and West Sussex areas. With turnover of £2.8 billion and the number of employees over 5500 people across three very successful businesses, this is a great opportunity for someone with a goal of working in management for a tier 1 contractor.
As a Site Manager you will support the Project Manager and Commercial Team in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees. You will support the supply chain partners and visitors ensuring work is completed to the highest of standards.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
- Train and develop subordinates to meet current and assessed future requirements
- 100% compliance with current NHBC standards.
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve both plot and project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance you will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunities to progress.
About the Company/Client/Project:
One of the UK’s most formidable tier 1 construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities. Their work is made up of several frameworks spanning the country including the AMP framework with Southern Water, in addition to security frameworks on Southern and Thames water assets.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Ideally you will hold minimum of HNC/HND Civil Engineering qualification with experience of self-delivering civil engineering projects.
You will also hold valid SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid and further related construction certificates.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £48k Annual
£55k - £55k Annual