General Manager - Full-Time
Posted on Aug 18, 2019 by Benihana National Corp
Responsible for the overall performance of restaurant operations including customer service,
financials, food quality, beverage quality, guest and employee safety practices. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Oversees all purchases of food, beverage, supplies and equipment. Regularly measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement. Ensures restaurant is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes final decisions on guest service issues.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being adhered to at all times
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts and other services.
- Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the restaurant. Ensures proper emergency and security procedures are in place and all employees have been appropriately trained.
- Plans, coordinates and has final approval on the scheduling of all restaurant departments.
- Prepares all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns. Communicates to staff and ensures all employees are aware of marketing campaigns.
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations outlined in the RA Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs, & quality levels
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.