Posted on Aug 18, 2019 by AssessmentDay
Fancy helping a small company grow traffic to our test preparation website? We are looking for a smart, data-driven SEO enthusiast to work on all aspects of SEO including content strategy, link building, keyword analysis, and conversion optimisation. You will play a central part of driving business growth through SEO.
At this stage we're focusing on organic SEO but if you have experience with -or a passion to learn- PPC then even better because paid search is on our roadmap.
You'll be working with a small team of test preparation experts (who will help with content creation) and you'll work closely with the founder. You will learn a lot first-hand. If you have intelligent ideas about how to grow traffic, we'll trust you to try your ideas. So we're looking for someone with self-motivation and drive.
While you don't need to know everything from day one, you'll be eager to learn. This role is a springboard for you to grow your SEO skills through hands-on projects.
AssessmentDay is the UK market-leader in practice online aptitude tests. We help students and jobseekers prepare for their online tests with practice tests, tips, and solutions. The current team of psychologists, content creators, and web developers are now looking for a self-starting SEO manager to help grow traffic and improve site metrics.
- Identify the best keywords to drive the most valuable traffic
- Use tools like Google Analytics, SEMrush, Excel, Search Console, Ahrefs
- Optimise per visit value and conversion rate
- Develop link building strategies
- Linkbuilding (yes we know, sorry, but this is best done internally rather than outsourced)
- Create valuable content which attracts links
- Direct and manage content creation for long-tail keywords
- Plan and implement split tests
- Make sure site tracking, event tagging, and ecommerce properties are all working nicely in GA
- …plus whatever you think will grow revenue. This can be your SEO role to shape!
- Prior experience of successful SEO, digital marketing, or content marketing (even if it's just from hobby sites)
- Ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication skills
Added credit given to people with:
- PPC skills - focus will be on organic but PPC will also play a key part to growth.
- Photoshop skills - this is useful for creating content and mocking up site edits.
- HTML and CSS basics
Waterloo Road, London SE1 8UL