Senior Oracle DBA
Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Oracle DBA. Candidate will be responsible for design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and operational support of our portfolio of Oracle and SQL Server databases. Candidate works with application and other infrastructure teams to design and deliver business and infrastructure projects. Candidate will design, implementation, administration, backup, security, software upgrades, troubleshooting, and issue root cause identification and elimination. The position is part of a team that manages business critical OLTP and multi-terabyte data warehouses utilizing and offering exposure to the latest technologies in the industry such as Real Application Clusters (RAC), GoldenGate, Exadata, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server Clustering, MongoDB and more.
- Plan, design, and build high performance database systems.
- Work with architect, application and infrastructure teams on implementing customer-servicing application releases and infrastructure projects.
- Analyze database & system response time and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Effectively identify and resolve issues within scope of work following established resolution process.
- Participate in, and encourage a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department.
- Participate in on-call duties.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
5+ years experience of the following are the base requirements for this role:
- Working in a DBA role on a UNIX (IBM AIX or Linux) platform
- Oracle Real Application Clusters/Automatic Storage Management (RAC/ASM)
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Oracle Partitioning
- Shell Scripting and/or PL/SQL Scripting
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Net
3+ years experience of the following is desirable (nice to have but not required) for this role:
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD)
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently pinpoint and resolve problematic system issues. Candidates need to be well versed in troubleshooting issues on the Oracle platform and be able to effectively communicate these issues with their team and other groups.
- Strong change management skills; change agent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting mission critical infrastructure in a fast paced environment.