Front End Developer
Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Your new company
Your new company is one of the world's leading financial institutes with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region.
Your new role
As a Front End developer, you will be required to join a team re engineering an ageing critical Client Server application for the Issuer Services Area, and then moving on to delivery of new Business improvements.
- You should be hands on and have a strong analytical and technical ability.
- You should have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Involvement with complex medium to large projects in a dynamic financial environment is desirable.
- The role requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritise and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources, and allows you to apply your skills and knowledge to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
- Understand business needs and translate into new solutions using new technologies
What you'll need to succeed
. Experienced with working with JSON based REST services delivered over HTTP.
. Experience with the following technologies/frameworks advantageous:
- Qlik products such as QlikSense
- Angular 2 or higher
- Server Side Java with Tomcat/Spring Boot
. Basic familiarity with querying a relational database with SQL.
. Experienced with Windows and Linux. Comfortable with viewing and grepping logs on Linux.
. Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems Well versed with design standards and related frameworks.
. Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
. Methodologies - Agile, Test Driven Development.
. Version Control Systems: Git, Bitbucket
. Tools - Grunt, Jenkins, Bower and testing tools like JUnit, Jasmine, Cucumber/Gherkins.
. Able to work in distributed teams across multiple time zones.
What you'll get in return
You will gain a competitive daily rate, experience working in a global financial institute, and exposure to the latest technologies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.