Lab IT Systems Engineer for Windows 10 Migration Project
Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Lab IT Systems Engineer for Windows 10 Migration Project for a 16-months project.
Duration: 26/08/2019 to 31/12/2020
Location: Basel - St. Johann
The Lab IT Engineer is responsible for providing services to the lab computing environment which demands uninterrupted service in a state of the art biomedical research center. These services and projects vary from building specialized computing platforms, implementing new technologies, coordinating and configuring lab systems to meet scientific workflows and hands on troubleshooting at the lab bench. We have an exciting opportunity for a multitalented individual who will specifically work on migrating specialized lab computing platforms from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This will involve installing and configuring scientific applications, and hands on troubleshooting at the lab bench.
- Upgrade existing Win 7 Lab PCs and workstations to Win 10, integrate the hardware, install and configure the scientific software and ensure communication to the attached Lab instrument.
- Migrate existing data, methods and configurations from the Win 7 system to the Win 10 system and ensuring no loss of files or data.
- Provide technical expertise for the planning of system migration requirements related to vendor supplied software packages/instrumentation systems and software compatibility with Win 10.
- Create, track and close service tickets while delivering an excellent customer service experience with professionalism and confidence
- Consult with various vendors and customer levels to devise new and improved solutions that will streamline and/or expedite the delivery of improved laboratory research and its supporting business applications/processes
- Adheres to IT Compliance Standards (IGM), including Pandemic Preparedness, security patching and incident Response
- Direct hands on experience migrating Lab systems from Win 7 to Win 10.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and experience supporting non standard software and hardware
- More than 3 year experience with hands on troubleshooting and support for Windows (Win7/Win10)
- Experience working with chromatography instruments (Empower, Chemstation, Chromeleon), plate readers, mass specs, liquid handlers, gene sequencers, purification systems, imaging instruments (Aperio, InCells, microscopes, Biacore, etc)
- Windows security patch management and security vulnerability remediation
- Experience working with endpoint management software such as Altiris and Symantec
- Preferred experience in Biotech or Biopharma as it relates to scientific instrumentation/vendors, software applications and systems
For more information, please contact: