Test Automation Engineer
Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is in need of a Test Automation Engineer for a position in Charlotte, NC. Because of the long-term need, client is open to a contract (plus extensions) or contract-for-hire. Candidate must have prior experience designing and implementing test automation frameworks, ideally for ETL/Back End/data testing. Selected candidate will join a team responsible for testing initiatives related to data warehousing, ETL, Business Intelligence and data integration. Data is being pulled from external vendors and put into a staging area to run queries and validate the data.
- Implement test automation framework.
- Design and implement test automation plan(s) within framework.
- Plan and execute regression, integration, ETL and database testing within automation framework in collaboration with development and support teams.
- Design, create and execute test plans, test cases and test scripts within an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
- Develop, execute and maintain automated regression and integration test scenarios.
- Execute tests, review results and provide status reports to meet testing objectives and timelines.
- Conduct defect analysis and develop process improvements.
- Working within an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) or Business Intelligence (BI) environment.
- Database/Back End/ETL testing.
- Implementing automation frameworks.
- Developing automation scripts.
- Performing end-to-end data validation from multiple source to target databases.
- Writing complex SQL queries in SQL Server to validate data integrity.
- Working with QTP/UFT, Selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, etc.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical teams.
Technical Skills: Quality Assurance/Testing, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Automation Testing, SQL, Selenium, QTP, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Database Testing, ETL Testing, Automation Framework, Agile, SQL Queries & SQL Server.