Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Networkers
A leading Defence contractor is looking to recruit a Cyber Security Engineer to work based out of its site in Mons, Belgium. The role will require candidates with an in-depth knowledge Cyber Security technologies and tools such as Arcsight, Nessus Tenable, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness etc. The position requires proven experience within a similar role preferably working in secure environment such as MOD/GOV/NATO environments.Key Responsibility Areas:
- Candidates will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of Cyber Security technologies. Specialisation in working with SIEM, NIPS or FPC products and the knowledge to apply cyber security techniques to support and maintain these products within the deployment of a complex cyber implementation will be required. Candidates with experience of other security technologies such as Malware Analysis, Digital Forensics and Vulnerability Assessment are also of interest.
- Work within a defence Matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of the global Cyber Defence systems;
- Work in conjunction with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, maintain, troubleshoot and tune the suite of NCIRC security devices;
- Deep configuration and administration of one or more security technologies such as log collection, event correlation, network discovery, network traffic pattern/flow analysis, mail content checking, intrusion detection and on-line computer forensics;
- Support investigations into security related incidents;
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats and the security techniques and procedures required to protect the organisation's networks;
- Willing and able to share information and mentor others in area of specialism;
- IT security best practice, common attack types and detection/prevention methods.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices, services (eg DHCP/DNS)
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network/system problems at a low level (packet level)
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Arcsight, Nessus Tenable, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, EDR/EPP forensics, McAfee
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience of automation tooling/Scripting such as Puppet/Python/Perl
- Hold or be able to obtain a high level Security Clearance (eg UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS);
- Understand the constraints of working in secure environments with protectively marked media;
- Be eligible and able to undertake business travel throughout Europe;
- Be able communicate effectively in English (though not necessarily as a first language);
Contract paying up to £575 per day LTD/Umbrella for a 12 month contract.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.