Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Yale University
Yale University Registered Nurse
Yale University welcomes applications for a Registered Nurse. Reporting to the Director of Neurology Outpatient Clinics and in collaborations with Departmental leadership, this Registered Nurse position will support the Neurology clinical faculty at the Lawrence and Memorial outpatient clinic.
- Performs physical assessments of patients, including triage duties and advises on treatment or course of action by having a thorough knowledge of nursing care standards and principles.
- Identifies and evaluates nursing services problems and develops and implements appropriate programs and services, including assessing staffing needs and arranging coverage as needed
- Develops, implements, and manages nursing care plans in collaboration with physicians
- Instructs patients and families in proper treatment and advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Provides leadership, guidance, direction to clinical staff, and collaborates with nursing at all levels
- Determines standards for quality assurance and infection control procedures; trains staff in universal and isolation precautions in the area of infection control
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures in collaboration with physicians
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$70k - $75k Annual