Posted on Aug 16, 2019 by Solas IT
Java Developer - Dublin
My Client is seeking a Java Developer to join a highly experienced development team with a proven track record of producing scalable, enterprise web applications. The ideal candidate will have experience in Java Enterprise tools and a proven track record of working on enterprise Java applications. Candidates must have experience in full-stack development. The successful candidate will be responsible for upgrading the technologies used by the application, troubleshooting issues and minor enhancements.
Key Responsibilities of the Java Developer role:
- Updating, maintaining an existing Java applications to ensure a high-degree of availability and robustness.
- Interact and support other teams of software developers.
- Opportunities to influence the technologies and practices in use.
- Person Specification
Required Skills for the Java Developer role:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Java 7+, Spring 3+, JSP/Servlets/Freemarker, XML/XSL.
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP web services
- Database: Oracle 11+, ORM Technologies, SQL, JDBC
- Proficient in using SQL to query relational databases
- Proven experience using J2EE application containers: Tomcat, WebSphere
- Tools - Familiar with IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ), Maven, Ant, GIT
Desirable Technical Experience for the Java Developer role:
- Angular (TypeScript)
- Experience in C#/.Net, and API design.
- Experience of JMS eg TIBCO
- Experience with Red Hat Linux
- Experience with AppDynamics
Preferred Experience for the Java Developer role:
- Experience in unit and integration testing is required
- Ability to understand business drivers and balance business requirements, timelines, costs and best practices.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of security best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions and to take initiative.
- Experience designing/implementing enterprise applications is desirable.
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards and framework.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve multiple issues in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable of technology concepts, patterns and best practices.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£525 - £525 Daily
€32k - €75k Annual
£50k - £75k Annual