Senior Data Scientist - Madrid - FTC until end of 2020 - Broadcasting
Posted on Aug 16, 2019 by Trilogy International
Trilogy International are looking for a TEAM of Data scientists to join a Broadcasting company based in Madrid.
Start date: ASAP (September 2019)
This will be for a Fixed Term Contract until December 2020. At the end of this there may be an opportunity to extend but is not guaranteed.
You will join a fast growing digital data & analytics team based in Madrid where you will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media.
Our client are a young, dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists from 6 countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business and communications.
Amongst the data scientists in their team they have a 50:50 male:female ratio, and highly value diversity of background and perspective. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. The working language is English.
- Our client work across the full digital ecosystem of apps, websites, TV, social and other platforms for a major sporting event.
- Potential projects include personalisation, mobile notifications, A/B testing, applied machine learning - all with a goal of better getting to know the Fans around the world and to serve them the best experience we possibly can.
- Exploratory data analysis using R
- Experience of defining a business problem and using data and analytics to answer questions
- Written and verbal communication skills around explaining data driven insights to non-data specialists
- Experience of common machine learning prediction and classification techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees and clustering algorithms
It is also beneficial, but not required, to have experience of:
- Experimental design, in any field, including the process of framing a problem, formulating and testing hypotheses
- Evaluation and iteration of prediction models
- Formulating queries in SQL, ideally including complex joins and subqueries
- Python programming skills
Or interest in:
- Practical applications of deep learning techniques