Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by CV-Library
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the heart of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into our iconic veg boxes, and deliver it to around 50,000 homes across the UK every week.
Riverford began in 1987, with one field of organic veg, a wheelbarrow, and a beaten-up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a thriving e-commerce business, with four organic farms, two packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesaler, a butchery and an award-winning restaurant. This requires loads of brilliant people; we employ in areas including IT, logistics, sales, HR, finance, marketing, and more besides!
We’re a friendly, forward-thinking bunch, with strong values and a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. ‘Success’ means much more than just profits; we strive to use the business as a force for good, balancing the needs of people and the planet, and guaranteeing a fair deal to all.
In 2018, Riverford became employee owned, ensuring our independence and protecting our values forever. Working for Riverford makes you a ‘co-owner’; every individual is valued, and every voice is heard. Join us and live life on the veg.
What you’ll be doing
Riverford’s finance team – based at our original home of Wash Farm, Devon – support all areas of the business, as well as multiple cost centres. Finance Assistant is a vital role, providing support to the Finance Manager and Accounts Supervisor, and helping with a broad range of accountancy tasks. You’ll focus on providing financial assistance across multiple sites, with daily tasks including processing invoices, weekly payment runs, and reconciling supplier accounts.
We’re a friendly bunch, and it’s a busy department; we’re looking for an enthusiastic, confident team player, who’s able to demonstrate excellent financial acumen and keen attention to detail, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands.
This is a permanent contract working 24 hours per week ideally over three days, based at Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
• Maintaining supplier accounts: data entry of invoices and payments, ensuring all invoices are authorised and entered accurately and promptly, checking statements, answering queries, and payment of suppliers meeting strict deadlines.
• Processing credit notes
• Bank reconciliation
• Processing expenses claims
• Preparation and posting of financial journals
• Other varied financial tasks where required
• Intrastat reports
• High-level maintenance of sales and purchase ledgers, including contracts and internal transfers
• Intercompany recharges
• Reporting aged debtors and creditors
• Assist in any other areas of the business where required
Skills and Experience
• Previous purchase ledger and sales ledger experience
• Evidential grasp of accounting entries and postings
• Experience of a complex accounting software solution would be an advantage
• Experience of multi-site and multi-company operations would be desirable
• Attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work to achieve vital deadlines
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Customer service focussed
• Proactive, team player
• Ideally shares our values and beliefs
• Conscientious, hardworking and diligent
£20,904 pro rata
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too.
• 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
• Generous company pension scheme
• Annual profit share; 10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners
• 25% off everything we sell
• Heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, home-cooked by our chefs
• Free organic fruit and veg!
• Enhanced maternity / paternity
• Lots of free co-owner events, from cooking lessons and BBQs, to two massive parties a year
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £22k Annual
£22k - £24k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£11 - £114 Hourly