Developer - Ruby - London Up to £55,000 + benefits
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by TM Recruit
Our client is the owner of the largest independent database of workplace effectiveness data in the world. Their main office is based in central London; however, the workforce is spread across continents with a diverse cultural makeup. This organisation has one purpose and that is to exceed expectations in everything they do. To date they have surveyed over 3000 workplaces across 91 countries. This data was originally collected with the help of a 3rd party vendor, however they are in the process of bringing that in house with plans to create new products internally. This is an exciting time for a developer to join the organisation as they will have a great mixture of BAU and new product development as well as being instrumental in helping structure the new team as it grows.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a developer who is passionate about building high-quality code and has experience in doing so using Ruby on Rails and React.
You should have the experience and capabilities to solve set tasks with autonomy using your own judgement and support the wider technology team on larger initiatives. We are looking for an individual who is proactive and can help us build great products effectively.
Whilst we are an established business, in-house development is new, so start-up experience would be useful.
You will fit in by:
- Thinking like a product owner
- Communicating with honesty and respect
- Having the appetite to build high standard solutions and taking pride in your work.
- Write code, predominantly on Ruby on Rails, React, JS, HTML
- Analyse requirements and translating these to elegant and maintainable code
- Supporting the existing platform, diagnosing problems, and resolving issues
- Participating in wider team planning sessions, demos, retrospectives and stand-ups
- Participating in technology team activities such as code reviews and planning sessions
- Communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders (including Product and Client Services as part of developing our platform
Our current stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Kendo (or other Front End
- We are also excited to hear about other tech you think would be best to solve the problems we are tackling
- We are planning new product development which may include: React | Bootstrap | Heroku | Postgresql
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Ideally, experience with React or another similar Front End framework
- CI and Automated testing experience
- Being comfortable working on a fast-paced environment
- The ability to communicate with both technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and related design patterns
- Keen to learn new skills and to adapt to changing business needs
- Honesty, integrity, and enthusiasm
Not-required, but ideal:
- SaaS product experience
- DevOps experience, particularly with AWS and Heroku
- Experience working with: Git/Mac OS/Linux
- A competitive salary (£45k - £55k based on experience) + pension scheme
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days to take whenever you want + bank holidays
- Partially remote working: You may be able to work 2-3 days/week from home.
- Practically unlimited career progression opportunities
- Working with lovely, smart people, solving real problems for grateful clients
All applicants must have a valid UK right to work.
Ruby: 2-3 years (Preferred)