Home Health Speech Language Pathologist I: Physical Therapy
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Memorial Healthcare System
Evaluates and treats patient populations for speech-language pathology needs.
• Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
• Designs and implements a plan of care which is appropriate to issues identified, required frequency of treatments, and involves the patient/family.
• Educates and counsels patients and families regarding treatment plans and progress. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support resources. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services.
• Supervises and mentors activities of peers, fellows and other support personnel.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• DOCUMENTATION: Provides written/electronic record of details of patient care as appropriate to position, certification and skills.
• EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Speech-Language Pathology
• BLS Certification
• Certificate of Clinical Competence - Speech/Language
• Speech-Language Pathology License - FL
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
• Climbing ; ; ; 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 60.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
• Running ; ; ; 40.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 80.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 40.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Dust ; ; ; 80.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 60.00%
• Latex ; ; ; 80.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
• Domestic Animals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Fire Risk ; ; ; 40.00%
• Heating Devices ; ; ; 60.00%
• Magnetic Fields ; ; ; 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 60.00%
Memorial Home Health Services is a nonprofit, Joint Commission-accredited, Florida-licensed, Medicare and Medicaid home health agency. We are committed to delivering Memorial Healthcare System's special brand of patient-and family-centered care to patients in their own homes. Our staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Home Health Aides
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Home Infusion Nurses
- LVAD Trained Cardiac Nurses
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.