Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Brookdale Senior Living
Full Time Sales Specialist
Supporting the Mid-Atlantic North Division
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
We're looking for a seasoned sales/marketing professional with a proven track record of generating and closing qualified leads. As our Sales Specialist you'll partner with executive directors and regional sales managers to improve occupancy at our senior living communities. We'll provide you with the training and support to develop referral sources and bring in new residents. This position can be highly rewarding from both a compensation and community service standpoint. We've recently increased payout opportunities based on growing occupancy, which rewards all commissionable sales associates in a community or selling network. Come be part of a team committed to improving the lives of seniors.
* Assume open sales or sales supervisory position at assigned senior communities
* Work closely with the Executive Director (ED) and Sales and Marketing staff in the development and execution of the marketing plans in the assigned community or region
* Provide direct selling support to improve sales performance and meet assignment sales expectations
* Develop relationships with qualified referral sources, conduct tours with potential residents and their families and close sales
* Establish public relations events to promote goodwill in the community
* Maintain good, active relationships with all residents and their families
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university
* Assisted living experience required
* Must have a strong sales track record
* Two years of related experience and/or training
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating environment, Microsoft Office, and e-mail programs
* Willingness to travel to Brookdale communities
* Must have easy access to an airport
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone though the Good People Program!
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you'll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there's a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists the marketing department in meeting all budget and occupancy expectations. Works closely with the Executive Director (ED) and Sales and Marketing staff in the development and execution of the marketing plans in the assigned community or region.
- Conducts phone and direct sales calls in accordance with established Sales & Marketing goals, ensuring leasing expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manages all move-ins/outs to achieve maximum revenue performance for the community. Communicates incoming resident's special needs or requirements to the Director of Resident Services. Assists in maintaining an active, meaningful wait list.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans that will result in meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- Assists in lead generating activities to ensure adequate leads are produced in order to meet performance expectations. Manages and maintains a working knowledge of the lead tracking and marketing software programs and systems.
- Assists in the success of internal sales programs such as the resident/family referral and associate referral programs.
- Assists in managing the marketing department staff to ensure completion of reporting procedures and daily assignments. Assists in motivating and rewarding staff to meet or exceed performance expectations in consultation with the ED and Regional Sales and Marketing Management, assists in training departmental employees in accordance with company policies. Assists in the hiring, performance evaluation and discipline of all Sales & Marketing associates.
- Maintains an active, working knowledge of current competition and any new entrants. Assists in updating competitive information on a regular basis and communicates to staff.
- Maintains and communicates current product information to staff (pricing, program changes, policy changes and promotional programs), in the absence of a Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Creates and maintains a positive image of the community with residents, the community, and other staff associates. Maintains effective relationships with all residents and their families. Attends resident functions.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Works on short-term assignments all across the country.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers. Possesses an understanding of the aging process and needs of older adults.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Schedule: Regular Full-Time