Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Sunrun
Sunrun is the nation's largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity.
Sunrun Company Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2019
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 10% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
More than 3,000 employees redefining how homes are powered. One new solar installation every ten minutes. 2.7 million tons of CO2 offset. If you're ready to make this kind of world-changing difference, Sunrun is ready for you. We're the largest dedicated residential solar company in the United States. We're on the move and we have exciting opportunities for electricians to help us protect the planet by changing the way people power their homes.
We need your technical expertise to:
- Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the power grid of our customer's residential property
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Work with the branch team and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy requirements and expectations
- Interface with branch leadership to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements
We're seeking passionate professionals with unyielding integrity and:
- Current and valid Journeyman License/Electrician Certification (where required by State regulations)
- Minimum of four years of electrical installation and repair experience
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings
- Knowledge of current NEC and ability to navigate it
- Ability to work on the roof
- Commitment to mentoring and facilitating the success of apprentices
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Sunrun offers excellent career advantages that include performance bonus potential, 401k, a stock purchase plan, a fun, collaborative culture and much more. More than that, you'll experience the rewards that come from helping homeowners save money while dramatically reducing the amount of air pollution and CO2 released into the atmosphere. Join us on our mission to create a planet run by the sun.
Culture and Values
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.