Assistant Branch Manager
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Jewson Ltd
Assistant Branch Manager - Jewson Builders' Merchants - Edinburgh, Midlothian
Jewson are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2)
As the UK's leading supplier of building materials and sustainable timber, we here at Jewson always aim to provide a friendly and knowledgeable customer service, whether you're from a retail or trade background. So if you have the drive and motivation to influence a team, then we may have the opportunity for you!
Our Jewson Edinburgh (Slateford Rd.) team are looking for a dedicated Assistant Branch Manager to play a pivotal role in supporting the branch manager to supervise and empower the team to achieve and exceed branch KPI's.
As an Assistant Branch Manager with Jewson, you will:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the wider branch network to maintain Jewson's position as one of the leading builders' merchants in the UK.
- Coordinate promotional activity and maintain the Showroom.
- Provide a strong focus on Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and ensure staff uphold our H&S principles.
- Interpret complex information and act decisively on it.
- Keep up to date on your knowledge of products, technology and regulations.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers
So if you…
- Have fantastic customer service experience and know what great service looks, sounds and feels like.
- Have demonstrable people management experience and excellent communication skills.
- Can demonstrate good financial and commercial awareness.
- Are resilient by nature, with a positive work ethic and great attitude.
- Have a full UK Driving License (owing to the occasional travel in the role).
…we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with Jewson, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.