Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Oracle DBA.
This role is revolved around consulting and recommending different options for database performance tuning, configuration implementation, and creates/maintains scripts and test plan execution. For this role, an ideal candidate has experience with DPROP, Golden Gate, Mirroring, Data Guard, Etc. They are looking for someone with 5+ years of experience in database management, testing, Scripting, or configuration.
- Creates physical data models by gathering requirements and working with application developers, System Analysts and Architects for low complex models with little or no assistance. Converts logical data models into physical data models and generates DDL for implementation.
- Provides primary database maintenance and support including creation of DDL, gathering backup and recovery requirements, volumetrics and other requirements for medium complex applications with some guidance from DBA Technical leads.
- Examines, consults and recommends different options for database performance tuning, database configuration implementation and collaborates with vendors and subject matter experts on complex incidents
- Engages and manages incidents by collaborating with application areas, IS partners and vendors by providing detailed documentation on initial failure, restoration activity, and impact analysis.
- Identifies bugs and patches related to issues/incidents, works with database vendor support for patch validation. Creates rollout plan for permanent problem resolution.
- Supports proactive definition and installation of alerts and monitors for database performance and availability. Identifies and participates in problem management related to incidents.
- Understands, maintains, documents and executes database availability software options based on Solution architecture requirements. With assistance Is able to identify and troubleshoot problems with different availability options
- Understands and implements replication strategies per strategic solution and database i criticality utilizing tools such as DPROP, Golden Gate, Mirroring, Data Guard, etc.
- Executes Disaster Recovery tests independently for lower tiered databases and assists for higher tiered databases.
- Creates and/or modifies jobs for various utilities and provide database services and conducts periodic certification of back-up and recovery processes and verifies alignment with Business Resumption strategy.
- This is an application DBA role which requires project and automation background with good communication skills.
- An understanding of multiple DBMS' is preferred;
- College degree or equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years in database management, testing, Scripting, or configuration
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.