Software Development Test Engineer
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Development Test Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
Capital One Plano campus ( Take a Tour of Capital One's Plano Campus ) sits at the center of the "tech hub" that is Dallas Texas! With industry-leading technology and innovation, world class benefits, exponential career growth, leadership and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry.
Capital One is actively seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with expertise in development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. This is for a team with a true "start-up" mentality within the Garage, which works on a lot of experimental and cutting-edge technologies. With an emphasis in new "from scratch" development with an ever-expanding scope of new products, you'll work with and introduce the latest technology tools and techniques daily. We are passionate technologists who focus on building world-class solutions for our beloved customers!
Are you ready to build a "next generation" product that aims to transform the auto industry?
- You will have to have strong attention to detail and be a key team player. We need "owners".
- Responsible for the development and execution of integration, system, and regression testing of software
- Lead testing activities for project/value stream efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identifying task dependencies, test schedules, and the utilization of test environments
- Ensure test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines; monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met
- Interact with the product delivery team; actively participates in product requirement/design reviews to provide input on completeness of functional requirements, product designs, and schedules
- Coordinate the execution of integration, system, and regression testing of software
- Assess readiness and deviation of project performance based on test results
- Provide and practice automation development efficiency, maintainability and re-usability
- Troubleshoot problems during automation execution
- Prepare and maintain domain documentation
What We Offer :
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in software testing and developing automation frameworks using Karate or Cucumber or Protrcator
- At least 2 years of experience designing and working with development teams administering software delivery tools using GIT or GitHub or AWS or Jenkins
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in development or test automation in one of the following: Karate, Cucumber, Protrcator
- 1 + years of experience working with Distributed systems like MQ or JMS or Apache Kafka
- 2+ years of experience working in cloud automation in AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.