Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
- Work with other developers to build full-stack applications with a focus on backend microservices and open source technologies using Docker, AWS, and Python
- Work with a high-performing agile team to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Integrate and deploy microservices/APIs on AWS and other cloud providers
- Architect and implement front ends using Angular or ReactJS
- Support internally developed products by creating standardized monitoring and application frameworks to automate CI/CD pipelines and create "zero touch" applications
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Leverage dedicated innovation time to work on your passion project that will help you and Capital One take the next step in technology
What We Offer :
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in hands-on software development using Python
- At least 3 years of experience in Algorithms and Data Structures
- At least 2 years architecting Python back-ends and APIs
- At least 2 years of experience using RDBMS
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following : Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or public cloud service
- At least 1 year of experience in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- At least 2 years of developing applications with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Unit Test, TDD, Change Management to support DevOps
- At least 2 years of experience with software design and system architecture, including an understanding of cross systems and user impact
- At least 2 years of experience working on cross functional teams and able to translate functional and non-functional requirements working with intent owners, and support teams
- Masters Degree
- 6 + years of experience in hands-on software development using Python
- 4 + years architecting Python back-ends and APIs
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise application development frameworks like Spring, Springboot, Angular, Jupyter notebook, Flask or Django
- 4+ years' experience in Agile practices
- 1+ years' experience working on streaming data applications (Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark Streaming)
- Experience in profiling applications using required tools.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.