AWS Data Engineer
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
AWS Data Engineer
At Capital One, we think and work like a tech company, using our digital fluency to transform everything about the customer experience. We are building out a new office in Boston! Come join a Tech Team that delivers exceptional technology, data, machine learning, risk and compliance, finance, and business process, products, and services to support the needs of an innovative, digitally led bank fueled by technology. Be a part of the team that brings together all the pieces needed to create real-time data in the cloud.
We're bending data to our will - and turning an antiquated industry on its head. Are you ready to drive innovation for a global tech powerhouse?
The Tech Stack:
This isn't a role focused on maintaining outdated legacy systems; all of the applications and systems are being built from-scratch! You will be designing and developing from inception to production in an Open-Source, Agile environment. We're embracing automation while enhancing the consumer experience. From a technology perspective, we're using the latest and greatest. Looking for true innovation? You'll design and develop applications in an area where technology has severely lacked in the Financial Services industry.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' of experience using AWS services
- At least 5 years' of experience with one of the following: Java, Scala, or Python
- At least 1 year of experience with SQS, SNS, or Kafka
- At least 3 years of experience building data pipelines
- At least 1 year of experience with Spark
- At least 2 years' experience of architecture and design infrastructure on AWS
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS Management Tools as Cloud watch and Cloud Trail
- At least 2 years' experience implementing security on AWS with VPC, IAM, Security Groups, UTM solutions, NACLS, and provision infrastructure on AWS and scale applications
- A strong understanding of platform and Data Monitoring systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.