Speech Language Pathologist - SLP-CCC per diem $45/hr
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Encompass Health
The Encompass Health Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading, PA is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
** Love your job, but still want to expand your clinical experience??
Per diem SLP-CCC $45/hr Weekends and Weekdays!
For over 50 years, the Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, we are a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seals of Approval® in:
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neurorehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
Speech Language Pathologists are a key spoke in the rehab team of SLP, OT, PT, Nursing and Medical staff. We spend an average of 1-3 weeks treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
We are proud that nearly 80% of our patients are discharged directly home and back to their families, careers and lives!
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Vital Stim, Interactive metronome, Modified Barium Swallows, Videofluoroscopy, Visi-Pitch may be available.
Keywords: SLP, SLP-CCC, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Acute Rehabilitation, Acute Rehab, Adult Rehabilitation, Physical Rehabilitation, Outpatient Rehabilitation, Neurologic, Stroke, Head Injury, Brain Injury, CVA, Swallowing disorders
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Master's Degree Program or accredited Bachelor's Degree Program plus sufficient experience in the field.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Contact Name - External: Shenae Stanton
Contact Email - External: