Technical Program Manager (Ecommerce Product)
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Technical Program Manager (Application Development - Ecommerce)
Duration: 6-12 months +
Years of experience: 10+ years
- Help with the scope of the project and work with multiple teams to integrate applications internally and from a third-party vendor.
- Experience working very complex, cross functional projects as you will be helping to integrate several applications and systems with up to 5 different teams (different applications, and application teams).
- Development background in the past, as you will need to understand the technical aspects of integrating applications and systems-must understand how you integrate, how it is done and how to tie all the different applications and systems together.
- Experience delivering a new eCommerce product/service/site such as catalogs, parts, prices, customers, orders, shopping carts, payments, etc.
- Agile experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer systems or related field.
- 7+ years Program/Project Management experience.
- Prior experience as an IT Program Manager.
- Prior experience developing and managing project timelines, resources, vendors, and budgetary requirements for large, complex projects.
- Strong background in application development methodologies, SDLC, Agile, Scrum, and other IT industry standards.
- Solid technical skills and background as needed to support the oversight of development and management of complex applications.
- Prior experience managing an eCommerce project.
- Excellent people management skills to lead and influence diverse professional resources.
- Effectively partner with IT and business area representatives to lead and support development activities.
- There is a new project for a new service our client is providing, starting during our client's new fiscal year! They need someone with hands on experience coordinating activities across multiple application development teams, who are working in parallel, to deliver new functionality.
- Our client needs someone technical enough to recognize/understand development dependencies between multiple integrated systems and actively works to maintain project scope along with removing roadblocks (risks, issues and challenges).
- As a Technical Program Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the project and development life cycles and responsible for the successful delivery of new solutions that will be used by our employees and customers who produce events for some of the most well-known brands in the world. We're looking for individuals that show they can do whatever it takes to make sure that our projects/programs are successfully deployed. The right person for this position will be able to demonstrate creative energy and passion for delivering complex projects. You'll be expected to communicate well both verbally and written to help lead and direct other team members and 3rd party vendors in our quest to be the premier provider of solutions to the event industry.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key. Some of the things we do have never been done before, so we need someone who can adapt both in thinking and learning new processes, applications and methods. You may occasionally be asked to travel to events and work with our Business Partners and Technology Team to help make sure our technology is deployed successfully.
- The Technical Program Manager is responsible for the successful management of multiple medium to large, complex, multi-phased projects by leading cross-functional teams to define scope, plan, execute and deliver exceptional business value on time and within budget. The Technical Program Manager will manage all aspects of new and existing programs/projects from start to finish and be the single point of contact for all program activities, schedule and status. This position receives very broad guidance from management and requires a high level of initiative, self-motivation and problem-solving ability.