Supply Planner - MB
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Martin Brower
The Supply Planner interprets demand based on forecast to create POs for the Distribution Centers across the US. Managing inventory, monitor inventory turns, developing KPIs to track usage and effectiveness of our planning.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Purchase order review and execution. Ensures purchasing decisions achieve lowest overall cost-to-deliver for the supply chain. Appropriately orders to forecasted demand to assure supply is available for filling customer orders.
- Makes decisions on what to order for their Distribution Center. This entails looking into JDE, including historical data, deciding what to order, and managing inventory for the Distribution Center.
- Coordinates and collaborates with supply chain partners to strategize inventory fulfillment in support of marketing initiatives. Resolves product and transportation issues
- Monitors and plans inventory levels, places, reviews and adjusts open orders to support purchasing metrics including customer fill rate, inventory turns, premium freight and order change rates.
- Gathers, reviews, and disseminates new product information and product changes to internal departments to ensure accurate product information. Manages item transitions and plans for proper levels of inventory to ensure a smooth transition
- Accurately maintains product master data, pricing and vendor information in the replenishment system.
- Analyze and interpret multiple sources of data to determine the best course of action to meet customer specific requirements. Performs other related or assigned duties as necessary. (ie. Running reports, working spreadsheets, special projects etc
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Four-year college degree in business, operations or supply chain management.
- 1-2 years' experience in Inventory Management, Transportation, Logistics, or Shipping and Receiving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2 years progressive purchasing experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.