Director of National Security Programs - Nuclear Weapons
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Peraton
We are seeking a Program Director for National Strategic Programs, Nuclear Weapons. Reporting to the Vice President, National Security Space, as the Director for National Strategic Programs, you will lead Peraton's support to the nation's highest national security programs in continuing a Legacy of excellence spanning over 60 years.
If you enjoy the technical challenges associated with supporting the nation's strategic nuclear enterprise, this job is for you. Join us to build on our long history of support with an eye towards supporting the next generation of national nuclear capabilities.
The position may be located at our office in Washington, DC, walking distance from the Navy Yard and Metro station; alternately, the position may be located at our Centennial office building in Colorado Springs, CO.
What you will do...
- Lead our National Strategic Programs (NSP) Sub-Business Unit (SBU) in performing studies and analyses, modelling and simulation, testing and evaluation, operational support, and acquisition support for the Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), United Kingdom Atomic Weapons Establishment (UK AWE), and other U.S. national security organizations; these programs combined, represent a total revenue stream in the range of $30M.
- Responsible for the SBU's attainment of financial and operational goals in support of the company's overall financial and strategic objectives
- Organize, plan, and implement NSP strategy in accordance with organizational strategy
- Establish goals and priorities for the NSP SBU and work with managers to ensure goals cascade to all NSP staff
- Coordinate the execution of all NSP's programs
- Plan and direct the work of the Program Managers
- Monitor the technical and financial execution of programs and managers' work, and taking corrective actions when necessary
- Review and approve hiring and termination requests
- Work with the Peraton recruitment team and Program Managers to identify, attract, and retain the very best talent
- Develop and guide the professional development process for the NSP's 115 scientists, engineers, technicians, and administrative support personnel
- Work with Facility Managers at four geographically separate facilities to address issues as they arise
- Collaborate with peers in other SBUs in pursuit of common goals
- Work with Senior Management and peers for strategic planning and implementation
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key individuals in customer organizations
- Identify opportunities for growth in the SBU portfolio of programs, and manage the capture process for new opportunities
You would be a great fit if you have...
- A BS degree in a Scientific, Engineering, or other related technical degree and 16+ plus years of related experience; or a MS degree and 14+ years of experience; or a PHD and 10+ years of experience
- 10+ years of Program Management experience in Science/Engineering programs
- 8+ years of experience as a senior leader in an organization servicing multiple Department of Defense stakeholders with diverse priorities and processes, including experience with Navy SSP or Air Force Nuclear programs
- A current active Top Secret security clearance
- A graduate degree in Science or Engineering
- Experience with DoD acquisition policies and procedures, and experience with joint DoD/DoE nuclear weapons acquisition policies and procedures
- Leadership, personnel management, communication and influencing skills at a senior level
- Ability to manage a portfolio of programs and program managers
- Experience in managing a multi-site and multi-skilled organization
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Ability to manage and influence key stakeholder expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively to line staff as well as to senior leadership at the Corporate Vice President and President level
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Floating holidays and unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires an active Top Secret (SSBI) security clearance and ability to obtain SCI level. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and Legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.