Internship Vehicle Performance Engineering - Develop an efficient proc
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Toyota Motor Europe
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: "KAIZEN" and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer's satisfaction.
- Student in final year study of Master degree of engineering, with focus on simulation and optimisation methodologies.
- Proficient in Matlab scripting.
- Knowledge of advanced numerical methods for design space exploration (surrogate modeling, adaptive sampling, etc.) will be considered as a strong asset.
- Knowledge of vehicle and system dynamics simulation packages (Carmaker/Amesim/Simpack) and Python will be considered as assets.
- Fluent in English.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organizing skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• Have excellent communication skills
• Customer mindset
Your team: Vehicle Performance Engineering - Model Based Development
The VPE-MBD team within R&D has the role of providing simulation models and virtual evaluation tools to the specific vehicle dynamics performance teams (handling, ride comfort, drivability, brake control), as well as defining more advanced performance indicators to support vehicle project development target setting.
Develop an efficient process for design space exploration
Your mission will be to balance the use of vehicle performance simulation models with state of the art techniques for surrogate modelling and adaptive sampling to identify feasible design regions. Given the complexity of practical application cases, you will need to define a step by step approach to optimal design, considering performance dependencies and parameter sensitivities.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe Technical Center, Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: max 9 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).