Systems Engineer Windows 10 Migration Project
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Systems Engineer Lab IT vacancy for Windows 10 Migration Project for a globally operating Basel based company in the pharmaceutical sector.
- 3+ years' practice in troubleshooting and support for Windows, including Windows 7 to Windows 10 migrations of Lab Systems
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills coupled with experience in non-standard software and hardware support
- Familiarity with chromatography instruments such as Empower, Chemstation and Chromeleon as well as with plate readers, mass specs, liquid handlers, gene sequencers, purification systems and imaging instruments including Aperio, InCells, Biacore and microscopes
- Knowledge of security patch management and security vulnerability remediation for Windows along with good understanding of software for endpoint management such as Altiris and Symantec
- Background in Biotech or Biopharma, especially dealing with scientific instrumentation, vendors, software applications and systems is highly beneficial
- Languages: fluent English both written and spoken
- Upgrading current Lab PCs and workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10 including integrating hardware as well as installing and configuring scientific software for the communication with attached Lab instruments
- Migrating data, methods and configurations from the old system to the Windows 10 system while ensuring no loss of existing data
- Assisting in the requirements gathering process for the system migration by providing technical expertise on vendor supplied software packages and instrumentation systems as well as Windows 10 software compatibility
- Processing service tickets and guaranteeing an excellent customer service experience
- Developing innovative and improved solutions to enhance the delivery of upgraded laboratory research as well as of supporting business applications and processes
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Did this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurance, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we can unfortunately only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
Going the extra mile
New to Switzerland?
In case of successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more