Mainframe Engineering Manager
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Mainframe Engineering Manager. This role will be managing over all the systems programming internals. This role will support IBM zSystem hardware, z/OS Operating System, GDPS, CICS, MQ, z/OS Connect, and RACF administration. This is not a data center operations manager, it will focus on system programming internals. This person will manage a group of 6-10 people.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Delivery Lead/Owner for a Mainframe Engineering team.
- Responsible for influencing future strategy for the platform technologies via partnerships with our server, security, database and application architecture teams.
- Ensuring platform availability is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Ensure platform is prepared for next generation, modernized, and digital workloads as Company business systems are transformed to meet current and future needs.
- This role is both a delivery and leadership position and will have accountability for multiple activities, such as employee hiring, development, performance management, recognition and succession planning
- Previous team manager experience
- Strong knowledge of one or more Mainframe technologies
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure architecture & associated operational requirements in a high availability, reliable, and securable environment.
- Experience establishing and building teams to deliver new technology services
- Demonstrable leadership ability, performing all aspects of people management including talent development and performance management
- Experience working in large global organization &/or financial industry
- 5+ years of Mainframe infrastructure management experience
- 7+ years people and team management