Digital Asset Management Admin
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Digital Asset Management Admin
This position will oversee all aspects of managing our global digital asset management system. This includes initial set up of the DAM as well as establishing a taxonomy/meta data architecture and a content life cycle. Consolidating and migrating imagery, documents and videos to the new system and performing subsequent maintenance on the collection.
The DAM Librarian will manage the delivery of services related to the DAM system, and support DAM users in uploading assets to the DAM, searching and retrieving existing assets on the DAM, and delivering reports on DAM usage.
- Develop a unified metadata strategy and architecture, establish best practices for the creation and management of metadata that are rigorous and scalable, allowing users to quickly search and discover marketing assets
- Identify assets set to expire and take appropriate action.
- Manage licensing and copyright requirements.
- Audit assets for accurate naming and metadata.
- Track assets through their stages of production, collect and reports digital asset usage data, evaluate effectiveness of library resources and services and provide regular reporting and/or presentations on all of the above
- Act as the point of contact for all users for troubleshooting, digital asset management best-practices, and system improvements and support.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge on digital asset archiving in order to assist in researching and implementing new processes and systems.
- Work with the organizational stakeholders to facilitate the ingestion of assets and help with the integration of new taxonomy & metadata requirements as new teams are on-boarded into the DAM.
- Create workflows for ingestion, storage, and delivery of assets to DAM system users, all the while looking for efficiencies in these processes.
- Responsible for the development, day-to-day operation, and maintenance of the DAM system.
- Coordinate and oversee the migration of Legacy content.
- Act as point of contact with the external vendor to maintain DAMS stability and accomplish necessary systems back-ups, customization, integration, hardware/software upgrades, troubleshooting, as well as long-term planning and program development
- Manage user groups, assign individuals to groups, and perform user audits.
- Create written metadata policies and maintain procedures using best practices and industry standards. Provide strong leadership to implement new metadata practices.
- Provide onboarding training and support key personnel in search and retrieval processes of the DAM system for their respective brands and/or accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Library Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of cataloging or metadata creation experience and experience using a digital asset management system
- 2 years of experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Prior business ownership and administration experience of one or more enterprise Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems like Adobe Assets, Widen, Aprimo, Media Beacon, Bynder is required.
- Knowledge of file formats (InDesign, high res vs low res, video compression, web files, etc) as well as end to end content workflows. This includes both internal and external agency processes.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proven ability to manage multiple proprieties and projects in a highly matrixed deadline driven environment
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: