Web Content Manager
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by ESG Consulting
Seeking a Web Content Manager to ensure websites and webpages follow best content practices and meet the diverse needs of internal and external customers. As part of the Web team you will be dedicated to a content-first delivery approach, the candidate must understand the business needs, map them to the end-user needs and work with the business units to create a content strategy and plan for individual websites and webpages.
- Web Content Management
- Act as a liaison between Department, IT and content managers serving business units
- Based on analytics and user research, create a content strategy and direction that meets the needs of the business units and other internal customers
- Collaborates with the Communications Team and internal customers to refine and advance the editorial vision and mission
- Demonstrates strong editing and writing skills, with a deep knowledge of content selection, content creation and graphic creation
- Determines and manages sources for content creation, both internally and externally, in collaboration with Communications Team and IT
- Conceptualizes and creates design templates/layouts for project pages prior to publishing
- Assists in the management of the organization's workflows and editorial guidelines so content is timely and consistent with the brand voice, style, and tone.
- Remains up-to-date with the latest industry trends, content performance metrics, and customer challenges to build a more effective editorial calendar
- Assists in implementing customer experience using an appropriate focus database or other engagement platform.
- Participates in customer requirements gathering and discovery meetings
- Supports Communications Team in presenting content strategy to stakeholders and senior managers and gain buy in on proposed approach.
- Advanced experience in content management systems; preferably Drupal and SharePoint
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Advanced experience reading analytics using software like Google Analytics
- Strong work ethic and passion for design, content strategy, and promoting content on social media.
- Conducts effective customer/user interviews and has strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates understanding of usability, usability testing, usability heuristics.
- Ability to communicate to the user experience team using a common language.
- Has web publishing best practices, accessibility, and social media experience.
- Has intermediate design skills, using Adobe Creative Suite or similar software.
- Awareness of cognitive biases, and how they impact decision making.
- Communication skills: listening, verbal, writing, and visual communication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field. Minimum of five years of digital/web content writing and production experience preferred.
5 years Proven digital/web content writing and production experience
5 years Proven content management experience
Drupal is highly desired
3 years SharePoint required
1 year google analytics
5 years Prior experience managing social media content for businesses or professional organizations
5 years Usability, usability testing, usability heuristics experience
5 years Web Publishing (best practices, accessibility and social media)
3 years Adobe Creative Suite
Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field