Training Academy Mentor
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Countrywide
TRAINING ACADEMY MENTOR
Job Title: Training Academy Mentor (Legal)Reports To: Team Manager
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Lawyer to assist in leading a training academy of future Property Lawyers and Paralegals. You will report into a Team Manager/Senior Lawyer and take personal accountability for the training and development of those on the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively and will have confidence to collaborate across the business, liaise with all departments, and inspire their people. You will have a proactive style, and encourage and coach with passion.
You will continually look for opportunities to drive exceptional performance for the team and your trainees.
Customers will be at the heart of everything you do, and you will be constantly looking to exceed customers expectations.
Considering changes will be a key part of your role, and you will always look to recommend new ways on how we deliver service to our customers.Key Responsibilities
- Support effective communication both internally within the business and with Group colleagues.
- To take responsibility for the quality of the legal work by supporting colleagues and assisting in resolving queries, seeking practical resolutions and using plain English within agreed service levels.
- Constructively collaborate with peers and departments
- To support coaching and development of all trainees on the training academy
- Deputise where appropriate for the Team Manager.
- Look at opportunities & recommend areas within the business that could be changed for the benefit of the business and the customer.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, energetic can do attitude together with full support for CCS values and commercial goals
- Support the training and resolution teams for ongoing development needs for the centre
- Continue to carry a small caseload in order to maintain practical process and system knowledge.
None- however may act as deputy for Team ManagerCommunication & Working Relationships
Internal - Director, Head of Conveyancing , Operations & Team Managers, all members of the Legal teams, the Resolution Manager, colleagues in Settlement, New Business,
External - CPL Customers, Estate Agency & Financial Services Colleagues, other legal representatives
CORE BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
Writes, speaks and presents information effectively and persuasively
Level 3 - Persuasive Communicator
- Clear and confident in talking to groups and individuals across different teams and at all levels.
- Presents information in a manner to influence - considering audience needs and anticipating reactions where established processes do not exist.
- Communicates the right things to the right people at the right time across a number of CPL areas.
- Listens and questions effectively to ensure understanding.
- Summarises key messages / options and checks for audience understanding across groups of mixed experience.
PLANNING & ORGANISING
Understands, anticipates and meets the needs of others, whether they be internal or external customers
Level 3 - Builds Customer Satisfaction
- Pulls out all the stops for the customer - co-ordinating the work of others to achieve required results
- Monitors the quality of the total service delivered; acting on customer feedback received
- Manages the customer expectations by providing all relevant information
- Lives and effectively handles and resolves customer problems / issues with the customer
- Delivers team promises
Takes a role a leader of other people, increasing the motivation of all team members to achieve business goals
Level 3 - Takes a Lead
- Leads by example at all times gaining others respect
- Is accessible and available
- Treats all team members as equals
- Provides a focused sense of direction for individuals and team
- Maintains motivation to achieve results
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members