IT Infrastructure Analyst
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by identifi global
IT Infrastructure Analyst
Up to £65,000 + excellent benefits
Our client is an award winning, London based, full-service law firm with an enviable reputation for punching above its weight, both in terms of size and scope of work and its international capabilities. Its focus is corporate work but there are also leading practices in finance, commercial, restructuring, employee incentives, employment, operational risk, competition, financial services, investment funds, dispute resolution, pensions, real estate and tax.
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Analyst to work within the Infrastructure team. The candidate's role will include working on new and existing projects, supporting and maintaining the Infrastructure systems, responding to incidents and requests, proactively monitoring\improving the system and being security aware with all new and existing systems. The role will be very demanding and requires good time management to prioritise the tasks and projects assigned. There is also a weekly on-call evening and weekend rota within the Infrastructure team to deal with any issues that may occur.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for the implementation, provision and support of all Information and Technology services within the firm. The department is a business services function that supports and contributes to the objectives of the legal practice. The IT department consists of highly technical 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line, Infrastructure, Applications and Security teams. The teams support the business on strategic technological enhancements and system upgrades, as well as providing professional training and a proactive 24-hour helpdesk. The IT department is committed to providing a high quality of service to its customers.
- Work closely with and under the direction of the IT Infrastructure Manager to support, manage and maintain the IT Infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor the Infrastructure system using automated tools.
- Respond to incidents and requests assigned individually and to the Infrastructure team.
- Work closely with all members of the IT teams on issues, tasks and projects.
- Ownership of specific projects.
- High quality detailed technical documentation
- At least 8 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in legal sector but not essential.
- VCP 5.5 and above or equivalent experience
- MCSE 2012 and above or equivalent experience
- Good Knowledge of Active Directory Server 2012/2016, Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange 2013, Citrix Xendesktop and VMware 5.5 / 6.
- Knowledge of Azure and 365 application specifically Exchange online
- Good working knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP and general networking services
- Good working knowledge ISCSI SAN and NAS devices including RAID and volume configuration.
- Good working knowledge of ITIL practices specially change management