Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by identifi global
Competitive Salary and Benefits/ Bonus
Based in Bedfordshire
The DBA will be based solely at our head office and be responsible for collaborating with the DBA team on and offshore, particularly driving & owning database technology. The DBA will also be accountable for building database infrastructure required for all new services. The DBA function is also responsible for 3rd line administration and support to ensure that incidents or problems are resolved as per the agreed SLA. Service availability and performance will be optimised through an ITIL based Problem Management and CSI processes.
- Accountable for building and supporting systems and services as part of wider engineering department. Working with architects, developers and strategic outsourcing partners in order to provide a high performing and reliable solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ensure all deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and operate at a high level of performance. Ensure that code/configuration adheres to SDLC standards
- Accountable for 3rd line engineering support, ensuring that incidents or problems escalated from 2nd line support are resolved as per the agreed SLA.
- Ensure work is of the highest quality and support others in the same approach through peer reviews of code
- Keep up to date with knowledge of innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to the Infrastructure strategy
- Assist in conducting Root Cause Analysis and completing follow-on actions after Major Incidents.
- Accountable for on-going, routine maintenance tasks in a timely fashion so as to not accrue infrastructure 'technical debt'
- Development of the documentation of services, systems and processes. Creating and updating Knowledge base articles, support and training documentation.
- Contribute to IT disaster recovery planning.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in delivering database solutions, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on building highly available services in a rapidly changing hybrid hosted environment.
- Experience of designing and building highly transactional OLTP Microsoft SQL server environments, with the latest versions (Microsoft SQL Server 2016)
- Clear understanding of industry best practices and data protection regulations around backup, restore and encryption of data including the use of tools such as Quest Litespeed.
- Has a deep understanding of database and cloud services, tools and best practices.
- Proficient in performance optimisation on a highly transactional SQL server.
- Proven experience in setting up Disaster recovery solutions as per RTO/RPO and participating in disaster recovery scenarios.
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Solutions.
- Knowledge of designing and building OLAP database environments, including Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Data Integration (ETL) platforms.
- Experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by 'Shifting Left' where possible.
- Experience in resolving problems relating to AlwaysOn, Multi-subnet cluster, SQL code, integrity, performance, blocking, deadlocking, replication, log shipping, connectivity and security.
- Experience of code review from Microsoft best practices
- Experience in index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. Can demonstrate how statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and alerting capabilities with tools such as Systems Centre Operations Manager and Quest Foglight.
- Good understanding of security best practices.
- Demonstrable experience of Incident and Problem Management, with an understanding of the ITIL processes, applied across multi-platform technologies.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Linux OS highly desirable.