Applications Security Consultant
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by IF Recruitment Ltd
This is an excellent opportunity for a Security Analyst to join a prestigious enterprise company for a six month project based in Brussels.
The client is looking for a Security Analyst to join the Security Assurance and Test team which is responsible for the client's security assurance. This team is responsible for implementing and operating a set of applications security controls through an automated process integrated through the client's software Development Lifecycle. They ensure the corporate policies and OWASP guidelines are uniformly applied by development teams across all business units.
- Analyse source code using automated static analysis scanning to establish a baseline.
- Main focus of the work will be conducting operational activity, analysing source code findings and providing subject matter expertise to developers, using IBM Appscan Source.
- Correlate findings against the existing databases of known software vulnerabilities to help identify security flaws during the development phrase.
- Increase the software development teams knowledge of secure coding procedures, so enable the organisation to build security with every release.
- Provide guidance to understand, prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Ensure production scans with a GO-Live criteria.
- Report on Key metrics on all scanned applications.
- Proven background in reviewing code and working as a Security specialist.
- Self-motivated and with the experience and passion to support developers and designers.
- Web application development background in either .NET or Java.
- Must be able to read source code and detect bad coding practices.
- Must be able to guide developers on how to resolve/fix security issues.
- Strong security knowledge using IBM Appscan Source or similar tools (Fortify, Veracode etc).
- Familiar with OWASP, SANS, CWE initiatives.
- Knowledge about how security vulnerabilities can be exploited in application code.
- Knowledge of coding best practices to prevent these attacks.