SharePoint Consultant - SC Required
Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by Morgan Law
I am currently working with a Government Department who are seeking a SharePoint Consultant for a few months on a 4 day working week.
You will need SC clearance as a minimum and the role is inside IR35.
- Electronic document and records management: You will support the adoption of the department's SharePoint site to specialist teams operating in some highly sensitive and business critical areas, managing access and leading on the creation of sites in line with our information management standards.
- Stakeholder management: You will provide user support and training for MS SharePoint and offer best practice solutions to resolve problems and build capability. You will work closely with the department's Champions network to promote better system use and strengthen the relationship with the Service Desk to ensure that technical issues are resolved effectively.
- Change management: You will help to embed the benefits of the system deployment and improved behaviours across the department by working closely with business customers on projects to promote good practice in information management. You will also provide testing and technical support related to new infrastructure and system features eg mobile devices, email saving.
- Managing the department's current SharePoint site collection and delivering SharePoint training to new and existing users.
- Working with stakeholders to capture business requirements and then designing and developing solutions to allow for effective Phase 2 work to happen on the platform.
- Providing expert technical advice to Security, BC and KIM team to enable the effective project management of any new roll out/deployment of the system.
- Creating standard operating procedures for BAU in the department and handing these over other team members via training during the course of the contract.
- Supporting management in deciding how change and user acceptance is to be managed into the future, including the process for moving applications into live service and discussing the development pipeline, service levels etc.
- Testing and support related to new infrastructure and system features and providing advice on capacity planning with current infrastructure.
- Capturing and recording all assets, licences, keys issued, etc. including maintaining stock and providing updates to management as required.