Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by CV-Library
Toolmakers and Tool & Die Maintenance Technicians are predominantly involved in the highly skilled, complex and specialist detailed work of manufacturing and maintaining press tooling used to produce components, products and assemblies.
They will be expected to test and adjust the systems they have built or maintained ensuring tooling, jigs, fixtures and assemblies meet the required specification. This requires the application of a broad range of skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours across a range of engineering disciplines.
- To manufacture, service and repair of Press tooling, Jigs and fixtures according to customer specifications Use conventional machines.
- To support new project introduction from commissioning stages through to start of production including tool buy offs on or off site according to Customer tool buy off process.
- To attend customer sites for tool modification detail and advise process changes to technical department.
- To take ownership of specific tool suites and maintain performance with minimal supervision.
- To improve and develop current and new project tooling.
- To ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced and delivery promises.
- To manufacture tool and ancillary spares once qualified.
- To document and update tool manufacture progress sheets other work records.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained and adhered to.
- Undertake personal training to enhance skills necessary to perform key tasks and ensure knowledge transfer to apprentices as and when required.
- To comply with any reasonable requests and duties as may be assigned by the Tool Room Supervisor from time to time.
Key business priorities for role
- Keeping production down time to a minimum
- Maximising of machinery efficiency when running through Tool manufacture.
- Minimising of Quality issues relating to issues with tools
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Able to read and interpret technical information and drawings and use various measuring equipment
- Good with practical skills
- Mechanically/Technically minded
- An understanding of problem solving and problem solving methods.
- Proficient on IT systems such as spreadsheets and databases
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £25k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£27k - £45k Annual
£25k - £32k Annual
£2.7k - £35k Annual
£14 - £16 Hourly
£11 - £13.5 Hourly
£25k - £30k Annual
£11 - £16 Hourly