Senior Product Support Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Scene One Ltd
Senior Product Support Engineer - c£Negotiable plus benefits - Southampton
The purpose of this role is to support of state of the art solutions for customers worldwide, assist product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions and champion supportability and preventative.
- You will provide in-depth and thorough technical support on a wide range of solutions
- Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business to provide timely and long-term resolutions, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D.
- Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end users, partners and service providers.
- They successful candidate must be prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice, to support new product introductions, investigate and resolve product/solution issues.
- This will also involve providing assistance and knowledge transfer to regional support/services teams and business partners.
- You'll also develop documentation and tools to improve the supportability of solutions.
- Look for ways to innovate, share information and improve customer satisfaction as well as set up equipment to enable replication of customer issues and use remote access tools to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
Attributes and experience
- The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important.
- Relevant technical customer support experience preferred
- Understanding what represents good customer service' and how to deliver it is essential.
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it.
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment.
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritise and switch between varied tasks. Remain focused and calm under pressure.
- Careful record keeping.
- Programming and/or Scripting experience
Knowledge of Windows server and client technology
Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of CTI, IP Networking, VOIP, web server/CGI front-ends, database (MSSQL).
- The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualification in science or technology subjects. A degree level qualification is desirable.
- Technical writing
- Knowledge of video, sensors or audio would be an advantage.
- Be willing to travel to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice.
- Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters.