Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by California's Great America
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Provides ground support for welders and crane operators.
- Operates vehicles, overhead crane, fork lift, man lift, welding equipment, metal working equipment, and other shop equipment.
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, technical manuals and diagrams, blueprints, etc.
- Prepares and/or processes sketches and drawings.
- Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Assists co workers and other departments in the repair of ride / attraction / facility mechanical systems and equipment. Offers training of other employees as necessary.
- Fabricates parts as needed to maintain, modify and improve machine efficiency and operation.
- Designs and produces specialized tooling for all Park departments; produces computer aided and hand drawings of parts, prototypes and tooling.
- Designs, welds, fabricates and installs new structure / equipment components and parts for mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Maintains and repairs ride machinery, track structures, and other metal features of the Park, including sign posts, fences and railings, coaster trains, production equipment, etc.
- Assists with the analysis of part / equipment failures. Helps determine proper repair methods.
- Inspects rides, tracks, ride foundations, and other steel structures for safety and maintenance needs.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Associated topics: burner, gas metal arc welding, iron, ironworker, metal, pipeline, railing, spot weld, steel, weld