Director, Software Engineering--Digital Commerce
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Capital One
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Software Engineering--Digital Commerce Are you excited by the challenge of solving large-scale FinTech problems through innovative engineering and product management? Do you enjoy solving complex challenges with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment?
We re looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on initiatives in the Digital Commerce group with significant bottom line impact. You will get to innovate in an area that few others in the company get to work in: enabling customers with a set of tools that have a much better user experience, letting them feel secure and empowered shopping in the online world.
This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of an exceptionally talented team, to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale.
What you will need to bring for this position:
- Experience building and leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products
- Technical Leadership - the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Experience recruiting, motivating, mentoring, and leading the best application engineering talent
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving, comfortable thinking strategically and diving deep
- A great attitude as a team player and energy amplifier; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and technologies
- Ability to take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other open Source contributions and experience with distributed/scalable systems is a plus
- Lead a group of teams across a wide range of disciplines (true full-stack - web, mobile, back end orchestration, chrome extension)
- Work with fellow leaders to design, architect, and build a platform capable of truly massive scale that is of great importance to the company
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of new applications
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Bachelor s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years building and leading software engineering teams
- At least 3 years experience with object-oriented programming, functional programming, and data design
- At least 3 years experience in developing scalable web applications and architectural standards
- At least 3 years experience with Cloud technologies
- Master s Degree
- 7+ years experience in software development
- 7+ years experience in Agile practice
- 2+ years experience developing mobile applications
- Experience working with Chrome Extensions
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: .net, backend, developer, devops, programming, python, sde, sdet, software developer, software development engineer