Senior Auditor - Retail & Direct Bank
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Capital One
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Auditor - Retail & Direct Bank Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization s Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Associate Auditor to join its growing Retail and Direct Bank (RDB) Audit team. The Senior Associate Auditor will perform professional internal auditing work that involves conducting operational, financial and compliance audit projects and providing input to the annual audit plan. The Senior Associate Auditor will be responsible for maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards.
HERE S WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One s governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit s value proposition.
- You re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know-how, so you ll want to ensure that technology doesn t scare you off.
- You re a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that makes it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Perform risk assessments of business activities, potential exposures and the materiality of loss. Design and perform appropriate audit procedures to verify the effectiveness.
- Design and execute internal control testing for operations of moderate complexity. Perform and often plan audit tasks of moderate difficulty, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements.
- Begin communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with 1st and 2nd Line of Defense partners during audit projects.
- Work well in a team-oriented environment as well as individually.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Be able to work occasionally in ambiguous and often changing priorities.
- Be able to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in auditing, at least 1 year of experience in accounting, at least 1 year of experience in financial analysis, at least 1 year of experience in compliance, at least 1 year of experience in retail banking operations, or a combination thereof
- Master s Degree in Accounting or Master s Degree in Finance or Master s Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Bank Auditor (CBA) or Certified Bank Examiner (CBE)
- 1+ years of experience in banking or 1+ years of experience in financial services industry
- 1+ years of experience auditing retail banking
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
Associated topics: analyst, business analyst, business finance, consult, financial analyst, guidance, investment analytics, investment fund, law, strategy