Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Capital One
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Support Engineer We are looking for a highly creative and intellectually curious Technical Support Engineer for our Professional Services group who is passionate about driving growth for Capital One s new developer platform. This initiative operates as a new entity within Capital One s Digital organization and leverages the collective power of all Capital One s assets to drive value for businesses and developers around the globe. The Professional Services team operates in a high-energy, rapid-paced and entrepreneurial environment and you will have the opportunity to shape the team s future.
The Technical Support Engineer will support a wide range of internal support cases for data management platforms and/or other products. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of technical savvy, strategic thinking and customer management skills. She or he will not be afraid to hop on a zoom call with the end user and get into the details of the client code to debug the issue.
- Act as the primary technical point-of-contact for internal clients utilizing our data management platforms and/or other platforms.
- Manage and meet key performance indicators and quality metrics for the team.
- Collaborate with in-house development and product teams and establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and accurate resolution on customer issues.
- Provide recommendations on optimizing customer s integration with supported services and solutions. Ensure the integration implementation follows Capital One s best practices.
- Maintain close working relationships with the clients.
- Ensure both the client and internal expectations are met.
- Communicate with internal clients via Salesforce or other ticketing systems, email, and phone.
- Ensure that all tickets and other tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in supporting software or services.
- At least 4 years of experience in technical support roles.
- At least 2 years of experience with Splunk, ELK, DataDog or Kibana.
- Master s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing, or using APIs that are used by a digital or web application.
- 2+ years of experience deploying and managing applications on cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2, S3, Azure, Google Cloud or Heroku).
- 2+ years of experience working with services managed on AWS (ElastiCache, SNS, RDS, or SQS).
- 2+ years of experience using Salesforce and Zendesk for customer support.
Associated topics: assistant, client support, desk, edi, excel, msword, support, system support, technical support, troubleshoot