Manager, Data Engineering
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Capital One
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Data Engineering We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate software and data engineers in creating Capital One s next generation of data products and capabilities. Candidates should possess deep knowledge across technologies and have a strong background in software and data engineering.
- You will manage teams of software and data engineers who will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Spark and streaming data hub
- You will transform complex analytical models in scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our cloud production environments
- You will develop cloud based applications from the ground up using a modern technology stack
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Lead and develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new generation data technologies to drive our business and technology strategies
- Design robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Handle multiple functions and roles for the projects and Agile teams
- Manage and mentor a team of data engineers (both full-time associates and/or third-party resources)
- Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
- Being a technology thought leader and strategist
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in Python based software application development.
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of Agile experience.
- At least 1 years of experience with Cloud platform (AWS, Google, Azure).
- 5+ years of experience with Data Engineering concepts and building and maintaining Big Data applications using open source software like Spark or Hadoop.
- 4+ years of experience with Software Engineering experience.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development concepts and supportive tools like Cucumber.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming concepts using languages like Python and Java.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on Cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 1+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing APIs.
- Familiarity with Configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef.
- Familiarity with Application Container concepts using tools like Docker or Kubernetes.
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice r sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task